Our goal of “feeding more and wasting less” in Montgomery County is a nonstop endeavor, and Community Food Rescue is thrilled to share learnings, and learn with others who share our vision. In the past few months, we’ve participated in a number of events with partners in our network and the broader community.
- Cultivate the Chesapeake Foodshed 18th Annual Conference: In January, CFR kicked off the new year by presenting “Feed More and Waste Less on the Farm: The Benefits of Food Donation” at Future Harvest CASA’s farm and food gathering.
- William S. Abell Foundation and Capital Area Food Bank Food Waste and Recovery Technology Luncheon: In February, Manna Food Center CEO Jackie DeCarlo shared CFR’s work with luncheon attendees.
- The Recycling Committee of the Metro Washington Council of Governments: In March, CFR presented on its work and impact of its network of partners at a session focusing on food recovery.
- BioCycle East Coast 2017: In April, CFR participated in a panel discussing food recovery within the recycling and composting community.
- Montgomery County GreenFest: In May, CFR exhibited materials in Gaithersburg’s Bohrer Park at this event focused on building community and improving our environment.